- Written by FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., and Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., and Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas
- Published: 21 March 2019 21 March 2019
Washington, DC - When it comes to the foods we eat, we live in an unprecedented time of technological change. Thanks to innovations in technology and the new requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), we now have more opportunities to strengthen public health and bring innovative food products to consumers than perhaps at any other time in our history. But our ability to fulfill these responsibilities becomes more challenging every year with increased globalization, advances in science and technology, and shifts in consumer expectations that drive change throughout the food system.
- Written by State Department State Department
- Published: 20 March 2019 20 March 2019
Jakarta, Indonesia - As a display of our enduring friendship and important partnerships with Indonesia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia Joseph R. Donovan Jr., Chargé d’affaires for the U.S. Mission to ASEAN Jane Bocklage, and Director of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) Addison D. “Tad” Davis IV, along with Indonesian Government officials, dedicated the new U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia today.
- Written by Christopher Rugaber The Associated Press via The White House Christopher Rugaber The Associated Press via The White House
- Published: 16 March 2019 16 March 2019
Washington, DC - U.S. employers posted nearly 7.6 million open jobs in January, near a record high set in November.
- Written by USDA USDA
- Published: 18 March 2019 18 March 2019
Washington, DC - Acting Assistant to the Secretary for Rural Development Joel Baxley today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is investing $91 million to build or improve community facilities and essential services for nearly 300,000 rural residents in 12 states.
- Written by White House White House
- Published: 14 March 2019 14 March 2019
Washington, DC - Vice President Pence at a Breakfast with Prime Minister Varadkar of Ireland: