- Written by America Newscape America Newscape
- Published: 04 July 2021 04 July 2021
Scottsdale, Arizona -
- Written by Deb Balzer Deb Balzer
- Published: 08 December 2020 08 December 2020
Yuma, Arizona - While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that flu activity is low across the U.S., it is expected to increase over the coming weeks. It takes approximately two weeks for the flu vaccine to become effective, which makes now a good time to get your flu vaccination if you have not yet done so.
- Written by Laurel Kelly - Mayo Clinic Laurel Kelly - Mayo Clinic
- Published: 29 November 2020 29 November 2020
Scottsdale, Arizona - Alzheimer's disease is a progressive disorder that causes brain cells to waste away and die. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia, which is a term used to describe a group of symptoms that affect memory, thinking and social abilities severely enough to interfere with daily function.
- Written by Arizona Department of Health Services Arizona Department of Health Services
- Published: 02 December 2020 02 December 2020
Phoenix, Arizona - Public health utilizes several surveillance tools to monitor the spread of disease throughout a community. These tools, like case reporting, laboratory reporting, and syndromic surveillance, generate many of the data points that are displayed on our COVID-19 data dashboard. These surveillance tools are also used to monitor the metrics we use to set business reopening status and recommend education delivery models at schools.
- Written by National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Published: 15 November 2020 15 November 2020
Washington, DC - Using a life support machine to replicate the functions of the heart and lungs significantly improved the survival of people who suffered from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, according to a new study published in The Lancet