- Written by Arizona Department of Health Services Arizona Department of Health Services
- Published: 02 December 2020 02 December 2020
Phoenix, Arizona - Public health utilizes several surveillance tools to monitor the spread of disease throughout a community. These tools, like case reporting, laboratory reporting, and syndromic surveillance, generate many of the data points that are displayed on our COVID-19 data dashboard. These surveillance tools are also used to monitor the metrics we use to set business reopening status and recommend education delivery models at schools.
- Written by Laurel Kelly - Mayo Clinic Laurel Kelly - Mayo Clinic
- Published: 29 November 2020 29 November 2020
Scottsdale, Arizona - Alzheimer's disease is a progressive disorder that causes brain cells to waste away and die. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia, which is a term used to describe a group of symptoms that affect memory, thinking and social abilities severely enough to interfere with daily function.
- Written by Yuma News Now Yuma News Now
- Published: 22 September 2020 22 September 2020
Yuma, Arizona - Public health experts are urging the people to ensure they are properly vaccinated against the flu, citing it's doubly important this season because of the ongoing pandemic.
- Written by National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Published: 15 November 2020 15 November 2020
Washington, DC - Using a life support machine to replicate the functions of the heart and lungs significantly improved the survival of people who suffered from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, according to a new study published in The Lancet
- Written by YNN YNN
- Published: 16 September 2020 16 September 2020
Rochester, Minnesota - What causes some people to develop chronic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, cancer and metabolic syndrome while others stay healthy? A major clue could be found in their gut microbiome the trillions of microbes living inside the digestive system that regulate various bodily functions.