Yuma, Arizona - Come out and support AWC/NAU Science Club’s efforts to give back to the community this holiday season during their 3rd Annual Blood Drive.
The drive will take place Tuesday, Nov. 13, and Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Schoening Conference Center at the AWC Yuma Campus, 2020 S. Ave. 8E.
“The members of the AWC/NAU Science Club are very thankful to the people of the Yuma area for their support of AWC and its students. Hosting a blood drive the week before the Thanksgiving holiday is a great way for us to express our thankfulness. We would like to invite other community members to come and donate blood and help us express our gratitude to the wonderful people of this area,” said AWC Professor of Biology Joann Chang.
All donors will be thanked with a voucher for a medium cheese pizza, for Dine In, courtesy of Pizza Hut.
- Arizona has struggled to keep up with the patient demand. This drive is important to build our blood supply reserves prior to the holiday.
- 500 donors are needed daily to meet Arizona’s hospital supply and to ensure blood is available when our community members need it.
- Lives really do depend on it.
- Pay it forward, one day it maybe you or your loved one.
- Feeling well and healthy – minimum 110 pounds, additional weight required under 5’6”.
- Recent tattoos in AZ and most states are fine.
- Most prescription medications are okay: allergy, insulin, thyroid, aspirin regimen, blood pressure, cholesterol, antidepressants, birth control.
How to prepare for donation:
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat a hearty breakfast/lunch – you will feel better when you donate with a full stomach.
- Bring your photo ID that shows first and last names.
To make an appointment:
- Or visit www.BloodHero.com to schedule an appointment (sponsor code: AWSC).