Scottsdale, Arizona - Life is a challenge. Each day brings new opportunities to learn how to manage the many things that challenge you. Building resilience and learning about practices that help protect your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing may seem complicated. However, there are simple things that you can do to focus on your inner strength.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Move every day to increase your energy and improve your health. Talk a walk with a friend or have fun simply dancing to music for 10 minutes.
- Make a plan to eat well by including fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Have healthy snacks handy and remember to drink enough water to hydrate your body.
- Maintain your health by taking time for prevention and visiting your health care provider when recommended. Remember to listen to your body if you notice new changes that concern you.
- Find time to relax each day to take your mind off the things you find stressful. Try meditation or a creative outlet that you love to do.
- Get plenty of sleep to refresh and renew your body for the new day.
- Take time to discover new things each day that bring meaning, purpose and joy into your life.
As you work with these ideas, reflect on how these simple strategies can reduce your stress and improve the health of your body, mind and spirit.