- Written by White House White House
- Published: 03 September 2016 03 September 2016
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama: "At this challenging time of President Islom Karimov’s passing, the United States reaffirms its support for the people of Uzbekistan. This week, I congratulated President Karimov and the people of Uzbekistan on their country’s 25 years of independence.
- Written by Jessica Merzdorf Jessica Merzdorf
- Published: 31 August 2016 31 August 2016
West Lafayette, Indiana - Purdue University entomologist Ian Kaplan and his team have received a $3.6 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Institute for Food and Agriculture to fund their research into the environmental, ecological and socioeconomic effects of neonicotinoid pesticide use.
- Written by Navy Warfare Development Command Navy Warfare Development Command
- Published: 23 August 2016 23 August 2016
Norfolk, Virginia - Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC) is supporting execution of the U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command and U.S. Marine Forces Command (MARFORCOM) co-sponsored exercise Bold Alligator 2016 (BA16).
- Written by State Department State Department
- Published: 29 August 2016 29 August 2016
Washington, DC - Secretary Kerry met with Prime Minister Hasina in Dhaka to discuss our broad bilateral engagement on democracy, development and security and our increasing partnership on global issues. In particular, he focused on our joint efforts to confront the global terrorist threat that both the United States and Bangladesh face.
- Written by DHS DHS
- Published: 20 August 2016 20 August 2016
Port of Newark, New Jersey - This morning, I had the privilege of observing the New Jersey Marine Terminal full-scale explosion exercise at the Port of Newark. Given the current threat environment, these exercises are vital and allow for multi-discipline and multi-jurisdictional planning and coordination.